Friday, December 28, 2007

... change of plans ...

When asked why he has, again, come out of retirement and gone back into competition, Parcells said, "I've quit being ashamed of what I am. I'm a guy who loves football. ... You call it, maybe, a male menopause, when you realize you're no longer ashamed of what you are. ... I can't get the game out of my system. I do love the game very much."
... thought I was going to go to the Library and write ... but the weather wasn't co-operating ... normally bad weather doesn't stop me from doing my 'A to B' thing, but my Spidey sense said today wasn't a good day ...

The above is a quote from Bill Parcells, who was hired by the Miami Dolphins the other day ... ignoring the unintended sexism in his remark, the highlighted portion of his remark, has helped to spur me along in growing comfortable with myself ... I am aware of many of my idosyncrasies, and how they play to perception ...

This puts me at an advantage to others I feel, because I know who and what I am, as much as I can know of those things ... and when you find yourself comfortable with your flaws and can acknowledge your deficiencies, I believe you are ahead of the game ...

That is why I am prone to correct people when they say things to me like,'you can't ...', because what they really mean is that THEY CAN'T ... I can, because I have decided it was possible and I am going to do it ..!

... it is too bad that I can't sing or dance ... I would have been absolutely fabulous in 'Up With People' ..!

No comments: