Wednesday, September 25, 2019

RECENT HAPPENNINGS

I have been moved for over two months now.  Not only am I happier, but I really like the neighborhood that I am in.  Located behind Joslyn Castle, the Dundee area is quirky, with a mix of different groups, from middle class to the low-upper caste of our socio-economic system.  Some of the house are FAN-tastic, and it harks back to parts of the Motor.  

The next big social event on my calendar is a local production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  The female lead, a former co-worker at the gym where I work, is someone I consider a friend.  I want to be there to cheer her on in her chosen career, and if she does stuff that I can get someone to take me to go see her perform, I will.  She is a cool person and I want to be considered a supportive friend in her life.  Kitty will also be attending, and we are planning an excursion to Indiana to visit Nutwood.  Yes, we are still separate, and our relationship is in a decaying orbit.  But I have softened as I have grown older, and rather than rip myself out of her life, I have chosen to step-by-step ease away from her.  The tenuous hold that she maintains in my mind is just that.  Understanding that she is doing all that she can to keep herself in my orbit, I don’t see where an unnecessary escalation of emotional discord will do me any good, especially at this stage of my comings and goings.  While she doesn’t want to understand that she breached a trust that cannot be repaired, I do, both know what she did and why it is beyond her to make up for it.  So there!

This weekend I will be at the Walk for Parkinson’s in Stinson Park.  There, I will be presenting with another local coacThe previous presentations I have been a part of have gone well, but I have not been able to capture the positive burst of exposure that comes from them.  That will not happen this time!  Not only do I have more people committed to helping with the program, but I am more determined than ever to get things off the ground!  Meanwhile… unbeknownst to everyone, I have been intentionally losing weight.  I am down over 20lbs from August, when I became more mindful of how I was eating.  This is the first time that I have deliberately lost weight… notice that I did not say that I am dieting.  I have been more mindful of what I eat and I have been watching the portions a bit closer.  The pizza and burgers are still part of my diet, and that will be for some time until I feel settled.  But I do eat more fruit and less carbohydrates.  Eventually I want to be able to have a set diet, but that is for next year.

Another thing for next year: school.  I have every intention of being in a class, online or otherwise, as I shoot for my Master’s in Exercise Science.  I think adding letters to my last name is something I look forward to in my 60’s.  Finally, I am not as worried about my health, as I did not feel a concern for an issue that has been a part of my life for over the past 15 years and only fairly recently, caught anyone’s attention.

Since I don’t have the internet (save for my phone) I don’t get the chance to make entries or check for how others are fairing.  Hope everyone is well and I wish you all nothing but the best!

2 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

glad to hear things are going so well in the new place, and that everything else continues to work itself out.

xxalainaxx

Ken Riches said...

Glad you are liking your living location. Early next year is most likely the best for a visit to Nutwood. I have a lot of medical things going on before my admission to UofChicago Hospital in first week of November. Best of luck with the business, patience is key. Love you buddy!