Thursday, June 27, 2019

THE DAWN OF THE MOST PROMISING SUMMER IN YEARS

It has been a challenge to rebalance myself.  There seems to be a shortage of time and opportunity, but that is not true.  Focus, which is a cognitive process that has been developed through evolutionary processes, requires more energy to use.  It can be seen when we allow ourselves to “veg out” either on the computer or in front of the television.  Decisions that utilize little effort are made by our default or “system one” brain processing.  Too often, whenever convenience is can be seen as the primary option, and is the easiest choice of the available options, it will be the choice that the brain chooses.  This is one of the dilemmas of being human, to be willful and choose effort over comfort, work over the ease of doing nothing.

There needs to be a strategy to develop my downtown Rock Steady franchise.  The “if you build it, they will come” approach only work if there is something that is “built”, and that hasn’t happened yet.  While cold-calling is still a valid approach, it needs to be more honed-in and not this random “hither and yon” way I have been functioning.  I am left to wonder if this is because of hesitancy on my part, if there is something inside of me that is being intimidated by the prospect of being a business proprietor.  Which brings me…

I have begun to openly wonder if I am not leaning on my condition for an excuse.  Not only without or as the world sees me, but more importantly, but from within and how I see myself.  Whether this is me blaming my environs (not that I am, but the word “tired” was not a part of my personal vocabulary until I moved with Kitty) and not taking responsibility is open to discussion.  The truth of the matter is that I have to make sure that I hold my own feet to the fire and do the difficult work that building something from scratch demands.  Rock Steady Indianapolis provides more than enough support to help a franchise-- the question is what am I doing to take advantage of it?

In other personal news, me and my youngest sisters have formally “buried the hatchet”.  They both have terminated relations with the oldest girl in our family, which is a net positive for the both of them.  They both have lived their lives and have managed their families as well as anyone could have hope, given their individual circumstances.  Now, having added Skye to my life, I feel more whole than I prolly deserve to feel.  Anywho, I remember what I had in mind when I set my hopes, my dreams, on moving to Omaha and rejuvenating my life.  For better and for the not-so-much, the things that I primarily had in mind coming her has been what I have been what my life has been about.

I am well (polyp or not) physically and in a great place mentally.  Now I need to summon the energies that I have available to me from not having “drama” around to be a concern, and apply the twilight of the promise of my youth and make something worthwhile of myself for my daughter’s and, most importantly, for myself.  I am going to resuming being the person of which it can be said, “That kind of stuff happens to other people, but that NEVER happens to Mark!!”

2 comments:

ThomasLB (AbbiesTreeHouse) said...

I really think the key to success is persistence, and you have *always* had that. With you the question was never IF you would be successful, it was WHEN- and the answer to that is: soon!

Ken Riches said...

You need to get back to yourself in your own place. No more delays, choose the harder path.